Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Passion Project Update

The project has been going well so far, I'm still taping many scenes. I don't really have a set plan of exactly what things I'm taping. I like to be in the moment and tape things that reflect my everyday life. But to keep things orderly, I do have a list of topics in my life that I would like to cover in my Mini-mentry. I want to keep things 100%, no filter, but there are somethings that I'm wondering if I should cut out of not. That would be one of my first obstacles. There is a fine line and its very easy to cross, so I'm trying not to to. I'm struggling as to whether I should keep it lighthearted and fun or show a softer and more somber part of my life.

This project has many emotional aspects to it, and I didn't realize it until I began filming. And I'm not entirely sure that I would like to show all of that emotion in my life to the class. but just as there are many emotional aspects, there are many technical ones as well. As we all know, I'm terrible with the computer. The only device that I know inside and and out is and iPhone. That is why I've done most of my recording on there, but I've run into problems trying to transfer it and edit it, as some of the videos are much too long. I've also ran into issues when attempting to use some programs, I just don't get some of them! But i'm trying, so that'll be a great thing to master once this project is concluded. That brings me to another issue, using Fridays wisely. Its very hard for me to because my video taping happens outside of school and I haven't really officially started editing until I realize what I want the theme of the film to be. In all I have many obstacles, but hopefully I can overcome them to make a masterpiece.

Sneak Peak Preview:


No comments:

Post a Comment