Tuesday, April 15, 2014

127 Hours

Now that I have seen 127 hours, I feel that its a great film. Not only does it capitalize on human strength and resilience, but it's a heart warming story with a mostly happy ending. But first off, when I say strength I don't mean physical strength, but emotional and mental strength, the strength of the human heart and spirit. I believe that's what aided Aron along the way, and the fact that he kept thinking about the future and the ones he love made it much easier for him to push through and make it out, all on his own.

 I do believe that Aron is extremely strong in his mind because not many people could go through with such a devastating blow and continue  to fight for their lives. I don't think i would be able to do that, and like me many of us probably would searched for a quick way a out, a sharp knife, a gun of some sort to end the pain quickly. But then we'd be cowards... but is it cowardly? or is it just the norm? We might find ourselves saying that now but we never know what we would do in that situation. The tag line of the film, "There is no force more powerful than the will to live," might not apply to all of us. There are some people that would just die. Because Aron was so motivated by his family and future, it would be interesting to revise the story and make it so he has no friends, no family, no one to love, no one to lean on. Would he still have the drive and will to live? Would he still sacrifice his forearm and go through that pain if he had nothing to live for? I don't think so. But like I said I don't think the tagline applies to all, every person is different, and every person acts differently. You can predict how you would act in a situation like this, it just happens when it happens(God forbid). Aron is an extraordinary person that endured an extra ordinary feat but we must face the fact that he had all the right circumstances to rise up and survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment