Monday, November 4, 2013

Myers-Briggs Test: Did I Learn Anything?

Recently, my class and I decided to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Its just a more sophisticated personality test, well bore sophisticated than the ones at the back of Seventeen or something. The test was quite lengthy (well maybe only to me... I hate tests) but I answered all of the questions, thinking deeply and thoroughly before answering. I wanted to make sure that I got the most accurate result as possible. And I did. I ended up being classified as an ENTP.

E- Extroversion
N- Intuition
T- Thinking
P- Perception

Just in case you were wondering.

Anyways, during this process, found out that there were 16 different personality types. ENTP matched me quite well, actually it matched me perfectly. I couldn't believe some of the shocking similarities that I saw In the description after I finished the assessment. I felt as if the page was written just for me. Even though the accuracy of the description was shocking, it didn't really teach me much about myself. I already knew all of the information because I usually spend a lot of time reflecting on myself in my free time. This new knowledge did not help me all that much, because as an ENTP does best, I am very good at reading others' character, emotions, and intentions. Even though this personality test simply solidified my thoughts about myself and others, it did bring me closer to finding the answer of what it means to be human. I agree, humans are far more complex than other creatures, and at the base of that complexity are emotions. But many often forget that emotions are driven by personality. Personalities do make us unique because of the ways we display them, hide them, interpret them, and accept them. These all lead us to be different and unique, each and every one of us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad to read that you often spend time reflecting. I think it's a critical process and one that we don't all make time for. I hope you're not too hard on yourself, though.

    Do you think humanity's various personalities more often clash or collaborate?

    ReplyDelete